Frequently Asked Questions

What is a Conditional Fee Agreement?
A Conditional Fee Agreement covers you for many different areas of the claim including all the work carried out by OCL Solicitors for damages against any party found liable for your accident as well as covering you in the event Court action is required to enforce your compensation award if you win yet your opponent refuses to pay.
How much will it cost me to make a claim with OCL Solicitors Limited?
OCL Solicitors operate on a No Win, No Fee basis which means if your claim is unsuccessful then your claim will be closed without any costs being charged to you. If your claim is successful then OCL Solicitors may take upto 25% of your total general damages compensation amount awarded. There are some instances where you will be entitled to lower fees or 0% fees but for more information on this please contact us.
I think I am covered for legal expenses by my insurance company. How can I tell?
You may be covered for legal expenses by an insurance product that you already have. To check this you will need to contact the insurer who will be able to advise you on the level of cover you have. If you are covered for legal expenses then we may request proof of this to help assist us in your claim.
What is After The Event (ATE) Insurance?
ATE insurance is a legal expense insurance which is taken out after an accident has happened in order to cover you if you was to incur legal costs when pursuing a claim for compensation. To get more information on what is covered please contact us or take a look at the policy booklet which you can find on our website.
Do I have to attend a medical assessment?
Yes, you are required to attend a medical assessment which will be at least 6 weeks after the accident date unless you are offered a pre-medical offer. This is just where a medical professional will assess the injuries sustained as a direct result of the accident.
What is a pre-medical offer?
This is an offer which may be provided by the third party insurer once they have admitted liability. These offers are provided without the need of any medical evidence however if the third party insurer does offer you a pre-medical then your file handler will be in contact with you to offer advice.
How do I know if I can claim for personal injury?
This is something our dedicated Stage 1 file handlers will be able to advise you on. If you are unsure about claiming please contact us and a dedicated member of our team will be able to determine whether you are likely to have a successful claim.
How long do I have to make a personal injury claim?
If you were injured after being involved in a road traffic accident after you turned 18 then you have 3 years from the date of the accident to make a claim for personal injury. If someone is involved in a road traffic accident when they were under the age of 18 then a parent, guardian or litigation friend are entitled to make a claim on behalf of them up until the day of their 18th birthday or they can make a claim up to the date of their 21st birthday.
I was a passenger in a car which was involved in an accident and it was the drivers fault. Can I still claim?
Yes. We will submit the claim to the at fault drivers insurance company just like any other claim.
Can I make a claim if the other vehicle was not insured?
Yes you can. If the other vehicle is not insured then you can look to claim and we will submit your claim to the Motor Insurance Bureau rather than an insurance company. If you would like more information on this process then contact us and we will be able to discuss the claim prospects with you in greater detail.
How much compensation can I expect to receive?
This question is dependent on many different factors therefore we are unable to advise of the amount of compensation you can expect to receive until a certain part of the process which is where your claim is valued.
How long will it take for me to get my compensation?
This question is dependent on many different factors therefore we are unable to advise the amount of time it will take to complete your claim. If you currently have a claim with OCL Solicitors you can get an update at any time by contacting your file handler.
What are general damages?
General damages is a term used to represent a type of loss that cannot be easily assigned to a monetary value. This is usually damages such as pain, suffering, loss and amenities.
What are special damages?
Special damages can be assigned to a specific monetary value as these are losses you may have suffered as a direct result of the accident. Special damages includes things such as loss of earnings, travel expenses and damaged items. Find out more about what you can claim for on our services page.

Personal Injury

If you have been involved in a road traffic accident in the last 3 years, that was not your fault, then OCL Solicitors are here to help.
OCL Solicitors work on a No Win No Fee basis and will help you in your journey to recovery and get the compensation you deserve.

Find out more


Rehabilitation plays a major part in the journey of recovery after being injured in a road traffic accident.
As part of the claim process with OCL Solicitors you will receive the recommended treatment and this will all be covered under your conditional fee agreement.

Find out more

Vehicle Related Recoveries

Although OCL Solicitors specialise in personal injury we also deal with vehicle related recoveries such as credit hire and repairs and the recovery of uninsured losses.
Whether you’re an individual or an Accident Management Company we may be able to help you.

Find out more